I may not have posted for a while but I have been baking and cooking.
Sitting around the other night I had this sudden urge to have toast with honey…this made me think of fresh thick sliced bread with lots of butter and honey which in turn made me want to bake honey bread…love how the mind works!
I have never made honey bread before and I guess this is more of a loaf that looks like bread and it took less than 5 mins to prepare and about 35 – 40 mins in the oven to bake and less than 15 minutes to disappear!
It was simply delish!
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup warm milk
1/2 cup cold milk
2 cups SR Flour
1. Mix together sugar, honey and warm milk.
2. Add cold milk and combine.
3. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until well combined and smooth.
4. Pour into greased loaf tin and bake in 180C oven for 40 – 45 mins. (MIne only took 35 mins)
5. Leave to cool slightly before turning out.
6. Serve with butter. This is awesome!!!!