Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta
I have a favourite pair of fluffy socks that I keep tucked into my fluffy slippers under my bed, just for wearing around the house. My problem is that I wear them every night and they don’t make it into the washing machine as often as my partner would like. The funny thing is, they don’t stink! He changes his socks everyday and so do I but I just can’t seem to part with these for too long as I’ve never been able to find another pair like them…and as I said THEY DON”T STINK!
Unlike the gorgonzola I used in my pasta tonight. Now that really stinks but I just love it in pasta and gnocchi. I added chicken, spinach, philadelphia cream cheese for cooking and gorgonzola for a rich and tangy pasta. We ate the lot!
I’m curled up on my couch wearing my pj’s and fluffy purple socks feeling very satisfied after a great meal. Now for a quiet girlie night with my daughter (man is out watching his football team play). The vanilla choc chip cake I made is cooling before we can get stuck into that. Having a great girlie night in 🙂
Chicken and Gorgonzola Pasta
Chicken thighs, chopped
I small tub (250ml) Philadelphia Cooking Cream Cheese
100g gorgonzola (plus extra for crumbling on top)
any pasta you like. I used ‘fiori’…cute little shapes
salad spinach leaves
Cook pasta as per packet directions
Saute onions and add chicken pieces and brown.
Add cream cheese and stir to combine. Next add the spinach leaves. They will wilt nicely.
Right before serving add chopped up gorgonzola and tip the chicken/cream sauce over the drained pasta and stir through. I crumbled more gorgonzola on top.
Vanilla Choc Chip Cake
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cups oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract , ba
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mini–chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350ºF. You’ll need 24 regular-size muffin cups with cupcake liners. (Or line a 13 x 9-in. or 15 x 10 x 1-in. baking pan with baking paper.)
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl with a whisk until blended. Whisk milk, water, oil, vanilla and eggs in a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or medium bowl.
- Make a well in the flour mixture. Gradually pour milk mixture into flour mixture; whisk until blended (some small lumps may remain). Stir in chips.
- Divide batter into muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean. (Or bake 13 x 9-in. pan 35 minutes; bake 15 x 10 x 1-in. pan 25 minutes.)***
- Cool cupcakes or cake in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Remove from pan, remove baking paper and cool completely.